Summary: Westwood Community Chest (WCC) has an opening for a part-time administrative assistant/bookkeeper to support the administrative and financial needs of the organization.
Reports to: Vice-President, Westwood Community Chest.
Mission: Westwood Community Chest is a 501 c (3) non-profit committed to assisting residents of Westwood, MA who are in need of short-term financial assistance. Funds are dispersed through a confidential grant application process.
Compensation: Per diem, $25 per hour. Approximately 10-15 hours per week. Hours may vary.
Responsibilities: Work closely with VP and Treasurer to process applications for financial assistance and bookkeeping support including:
- Administrative Responsibilities, assisting the VP:
- Receive regular financial and campership applications electronically and via mail.
- Ensure applications are complete, meet WCC requirements, and include all required bills.
- Follow up with applicants to complete application process and refer applicants to other available organizations and services if needed.
- Summarize applications and send to Vice President weekly.
- Check WCC voice mail and email daily and return or direct phone calls and emails.
- Call agencies (e.g., landlords, utility companies) if needed.
- Support the VP and Treasurer in developing a process to communicate award packages, track payments made on behalf of applicants, notify award recipients, etc.
- Pick up mail at Westwood Post Office and distribute.
- Send thank you notes to WCC donors and sponsors.
- Collaborate with town liaisons regarding applicants.
- Manage donor email list in Constant Contact and assist with digital emails as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bookkeeping Responsibilities, assisting the Treasurer:
- Make deposits at bank and record into QuickBooks.
- Process payments, invoices, bills, receipts using QuickBooks.
- Help maintain financial records including donors and vendors.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills, including phone skills.
- Familiarity with Google products including Docs and Gmail as well as Adobe PDF, Excel and Word. Familiarity with QuickBooks and Constant Contact a plus.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, college preferred.
- Minimum 2 years bookkeeping experience required.
- Minimum two years human or customer service experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Completed CORI check.
- Computer and printer access.
- Signed contractor and confidentiality agreement.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter by May 1, 2022 to us by email.